Thursday, August 20, 2009

Shots!

Tuesdays have become the least favorite day at the Hammett House. This Tuesday was our first of 3 shot clinics. Living overseas requires a number of immunizations that we do not need here in America. So for the next 3 weeks we will receiving all of these immunizations to keep us healthy while living abroad. Fortunately, the 3 of us are getting off pretty easy since Owen is up to date on all of his well child and Ryan and I each had 13 shots the first time we moved abroad.

Here is the conversation that took place the night before we had shots.
Tara: Tomorrow we are going to the dr. to get shots to make us healthy. It will probably hurt a little bit, but if you are really brave you will get balloon animals and face paint and a Popsicle.
Owen: Is bunny going to get a shot too?
Tara: Yes, Owen, Mommy, Daddy and Bunny will all get shots.
Owen: Are you going to be brave Bunny? Are you going to be brave Daddy?

The next day before going to the clinic:
Tara: Ok, we are going to go get our shots now.
Owen: It will hurt and I will be sad, but I'm going to be brave and get a popsicle. Let's go!

Owen chose to wear his rainboots to get his shots. It was a nice sunny day! Here are pics of the brave boy!

2 comments:

Sydney said...

Sweet boy! I love hearing his stories- wish I could hear that sweet voice!

Darren said...

How did Bunny make out? Crying? Popsicle?