Sunday, March 21, 2010

A Bad Choice

Yesterday afternoon I was skyping with my brother. When I hung up, Owen came up to me and this is the conversation that followed.

Owen- Mommy, I made a bad choice. Let me show you.
(This is what I saw on my hallway wall.)

Mommy- Owen, that was a very sad choice.
Owen- Mommy, I'm really sorry that I made a sad choice. I won't do it again.
Mommy- Owen, I forgive you. I'm glad you recognized that this was a bad choice and told Mommy right away. What do you think a good punishment should be?
Owen- I'll help clean it up. I'm really sorry, Mommy.

I think my 2 1/2 year old is starting to get it! I couldn't get mad at him because he knew what he did was wrong and was sincerely sorry for it. I consider that a huge success. Of course, if he ever does it again, he'll get a spanking for sure!

1 comment:

Brent Hammett said...

That's so funny and not funny at the same time. What a good kid.