When I thought of this, the original recipient was Billy James. But as I started thinking about the folks that are looking at this blog I realized that there are lots of others in the diaspora - people born in Louisiana but displaced somehow.
So, for all of you in the Midwest (Mandy) eating corn all the time, overseas without pork (Morgans, Byrds and Johnsons) or anywhere else in the world...back home your mom is still making good food. And this last weekend I got to enjoy some of my mom's food back home. Crawfish fettucini...mmmmmmmm. So, get home whenever you can so your mom can cook for you. Just because you haven't had it in a while doesn't mean it's not there.
1 comment:
Now see . . . . that's just flat out wrong. I'm stuck here in landlocked Iowa . . . no fresh seafood anywhere and they think crawfish are just fishing bait. Man . . . I want some crawfish.
Post a Comment