Monday, September 10, 2007

Why Owen Is a Bigger Man Than His Dad

On Thursday we went to the doctor for Owen's 2 month check-up. He's a growing boy. The last time we went he was around the 50th percentile on everything. This month he's up around the 75th percentile. He's currently 23.5", 11lb 12 oz, with a 16"...yes, 16" head. Big ol' noggin! The doctor says he's in perfect health.

They did confirm that Owen has reflux, but all we can do for that is keep giving him his antacid.

So, why is Owen a bigger man than his dad? Because Owen got 4 shots and only cried for about 30 seconds total...including while the nurse was giving them. Ryan's a big pansy when it come to shots, so way to go Owen!

And finally, our political statement of the week. All of those folks who think that a socialized medical system would be great for America apparently haven't sat in a waiting room lately. We were at the doctor for over 3 hours. We love our doctor, but that's ridiculous. So, if those are the conditions when there's competition, imagine what it would be like if there was no competition. Going to the doctor would be a full day event. Think, people!

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Have you talked with Zack and Sharon lately? Are they still in Tyler?? Still just one girl? Fill me in, dude!!!

R, T and O said...

Hey Carrie...you've got me there. Last I heard from them they were still in Arkansas and had one kid. I had no clue they were in Texas. I'm not always the best at keeping up with folks. I know Meg and Michael are around here and I talk to them every now and then. And Kim Hood and her husband. But it's been a while for them too. It's amazing how quickly you get sucked into your own world and those things just happen!

Carrie said...

I know what you mean. Meg and Kim's blogs are on my site...Meg is pregnant! Sharon got laid off, so they moved to Tyler for Zack to be the asst. manager or manager of a Lifeway store there. That was about 2 years ago. They were moving to Tyler when we were moving away. Crazy world! Good to "catch up" on you here! Owen is PRECIOUS!!