Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Our Confused Son

I heard last week that USC is recruiting a 14 year old basketball player to come play for them, so I know that the recruiting process begins earlier every year. But there has to be a line! Case in point, in the 3 weeks that we've been seeing aunts, uncles, grandparents and old friends (and not blogging!) Owen has received paraphenalia from 4 different universities - Louisiana Tech, LSU (boooo), Iowa. and Iowa State. He also picked up some Cubs pajamas, but that was a given - his dad wasn't going to allow someone else to pick his baseball team! When it comes time to actually pick a school he's not gonna know what to do!

So, let's see who out there has an opinion on this topic. Feel free to leave comments to vote for your favorite of Owen's new university outfits. Even if you don't care about the universities mentioned, you can vote according to color - remember, Owen's eyes are blue.

Looking good in blue!

You have to question whether Aunt Ta really wants what's best for Owen by putting him in such strange colors!

Uncle Benner got him the complete outfit - shirt, socks and bib. You know, Ben, just buying more stuff doesn't guarantee loyalty.
This is a full body bib that Aunt Jill got Owen. This will come in handy on those really spitty days.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

well I don't really don't like any of them. He would look much better in TN orange but if I have to pick it would be the LSU outfit. But Billy would of course vote for the LA Tech outfit. Does Bailey get to vote?!

Mandy B Stenberg said...

I am pretty sure that when I met Owen a couple weeks ago that he very clearly whispered in my ear, "HOW BOUT THEM DAWGS?!?!?!"

I don't see where any confusion can come in that.

Anonymous said...

i really don't understand why you have to put personal comments about my future alma mater in your blog. there was no booing of any of the colleges except for lsu. i just want what's best for my nephew. (and around this family i have to start early to get in a vote) and i think that owen looks quite dashing in golden yellow and royal purple thank you.