
My little brother got married a few weeks ago in Minneapolis. Ben married the sweetest girl, so full of life and love for people. She is just perfect for Ben and I'm so excited to have Katie as part of our family. The wedding weekend was spectacular! The rehearsal dinner was at a swanky 1920's dinner club style restaurant with the most amazing food on the planet (thanks mom and dad for throwing such a fun party). The wedding was at the church Katie grew up in and the pastor came from our home church in Muscatine. The ceremony was truly a worshipful experience (even with Owen sitting at my side, he made it through most of the ceremony before Ryan had to take him to the foyer). I had chills as my friend Marcy sang Blessed Assurance while Ben and Katie took communion together. The reception was incredible! The desserts needed a room all to themselves!!! I got to see a ton of friends who I hadn't seen in years. I got to spend more time with my childhood friend Marcy than I have since our college dorm days (she was a bridesmaid in my wedding and her brother Andy was Ben's best man, oh yeah, and their dad did the ceremony). I also got to spend some good time with my family which is always fun! Owen especially loved playing in the hotel hallway with Grandpa and his bag of toys. On Sunday morning, we all got together for a little birthday party for Owen which was really special for him.
I always LOVE going home to the midwest to spend time with my family. Not only did I get to see Ben marry a super great girl, I also got to see old friends and my extended family. Here are some pics from the weekend!
1 comment:
I wish I could have been there! Glad to see the pictures!
Post a Comment