Monday, December 21, 2009
Christmas Treats
Owen and I have had a great time making Christmas cookies this year. I have finally won my war with the margarine in this country (a whole different blog post) and was able to make the perfect cookies and frosting. We're on our third round of baking and decorating. We've given a lot of cookies to friends and neighbors and eaten a lot of cookies ourselves.

I was really excited to find candy canes at a specialty candy store downtown the other day. They were a bit expensive, but I bought one package to hang on my tree and the other package to eat. We were all really excited the other night after dinner to open a candy cane and have a peppermint treat. So our taste-buds were a bit surprised when we licked the candy only to taste a super sweet strawberry flavor. Owen was thrilled, but I have to admit Ryan and I were a bit disappointed. Oh well, they look beautiful on the tree and still add extra Christmas cheer.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment